- A romcom appeals to people in love or hoping to be soon. This is argued tha it is mainly women, so the main audience will be generally younger women.
- The characters in romcoms do things that are seen as funny which adds to the comedy aspect.
- The plot of most romcoms is that a couple who may or may not be together at the beginning of the film, but are clearly meant to be- end up being together at the end. It is mostly always a happy ending. It is always that sterotypical idea of 'love'.
- It is mainly always hetrosexual relationships, male and female. It is rare that a gay couple is seen in a rom-com.
- The music is slow, romantic but usually music that appeals to anyone- it is easy to like.
- The main characters are good looking and usually big stars.
Love Actually, 2003, Richard Curtis
Pride & Prejudice, 2005, Joe Wright